The Reuben Center 707 House Rules
1. Zero Tolerance for drug or alcohol use. (No engaging in illegal substance manufacturing, possession and/or distribution will be tolerated.)
2. Zero Tolerance for stealing. (Taking food from others without permission is considered stealing. We encourage community cooking, meal planning and sharing dinner time together. This is to assist in developing a family like structure.)
3. Zero Tolerance for destruction of house or other residents’ property.
4. Zero Tolerance for sexual activity between residents.
5. Zero Tolerance for physical confrontation or verbal confrontation with any staff or resident.
6. Any resident who is on prescribed medications must immediately inform the house manager, all medication must be approved by the house manager. All medications must be taken as prescribed.
7. As a member of a recovering community, based on the principles of honesty, trust and helping to create a safe and sober environment, we request any resident who knows that another resident has violated any rules of the house to report the behavior to staff.
8. Any visitor to the house will be asked to leave immediately if other residents suspect any use of illegal or illicit drugs, including alcohol. Residents who have been asked to leave due to their own breach of rules will not be permitted back on the property.
9. All residents must attend 30 AA/NA meetings their first 30 days of residing at the house and then 3 meetings per week thereafter. Meeting verification sheets are due at the house meeting.
10. Residents must obtain and maintain a sponsor while living at the house.
11. Residents must attend a mandatory House Meeting one time a week, every Sunday at 4:00 P.M. or other determined time.
12. Residents must make weekly rent immediately following the House Meeting, unless prior arrangements have been approved by staff, for the upcoming week. Late payments will accrue late fees and may result in termination of residency. Preferred payments include money order, cashier’s check, and debit/credit card. Personal checks and cash are also permissible.
13. Residents must be willing to submit to a drug/alcohol urine screen upon the request of the manager or staff at any given time.
14. We request that a resident commit to a 90 day stay.
15. Residents’ rooms must be clean at all times. (Residents’ beds are to be made when the residents are not in the bed.)
16. Curfew is 11:00 P.M. Sunday – Thursday and 1am Friday – Saturday with the first 30 days with no exception. (Curfew may be lifted after 30 days provided the resident is employed and in good standing with the home.)
17. Residents must sleep at the house each night unless prior arrangements have been made with staff.
18. Overnight passes are given after 30 days living at the home provided residents are in good standing with the home and not on contract for payment/behavior issues. (Maximum 2 nights per week.)
19. Residents are permitted to have overnight guests up to three nights a week with the stay option of two consecutive nights. All visitors to the property must be approved by the house manager or staff and must be off the property by 11:00 PM. Any objections to house residents and guests can be made at house meetings or reported to staff upon urgency.
20. There is absolutely no Loitering in the front of the property. (For this reason, we have provided seating in the back yard.)
21. Residents must be employed or enrolled in school within the first 30 days of living at the house.
22. Residents having unusual job requirements must have house manager/ staff approval.
23. Residents not employed or in school must be off property by 9am daily and return after 4pm.
24. Residents will participate in ongoing mandatory house chores.
25. Because this is a sober living environment and we are to be working as a family unit, new applicants will be interviewed by residents and staff at house meetings.
26. For the protection of the house and the safety of each resident, sex offenders that are required to report, or people with pending sex charges, are not allowed in the house.
27. All applicants and residents must report to staff any pending or current charges.